Volunteers are an essential piece to achieving TILT’s mission. Volunteers assist with special events, treks, office work, stewardship, loon census and much more. Help celebrate their efforts by nominating a deserving volunteer for an award this year. 2016 Volunteer Awards include:
- Emerging Conservationist for those 30 and under who have demonstrated innovative leadership in advancing conservation.
- Stewardship Society honoring a volunteer who contributes to the protection, enjoyment and wise use of the land.
- Volunteer Leadership presented to outstanding leaders who demonstrate the desire to share their time and expertise in pursuit of TILT's mission.
- Distinguished Service formerly the Volunteer of the Year, goes to a volunteer for outstanding contribution to the work of TILT.
- Merle Youngs Conservation goes to those who have contributed significantly to the advancement of conservation at Zenda Farms.
To nominate a deserving volunteer today, please complete a nomination form downloadable at www.tilandtrust.org or submit an email/paper with nominee’s information (full name, mailing address, phone/email), what award you are nominating him/her for, number of years he/she has been a TILT volunteer, a summary describing his/her achievement (250 words or less), how has this/these achievements contributed to TILT’s mission, and your information (name, address and phone number/email). Nominations are due Friday, July 22.
Award winners will be announced during TILT’s annual celebration of our amazing volunteers on Friday, August 12 from 5-7 pm at Zenda Farms Preserve.
(Spring 2016 Reflections Newsletter)